With almost one month left for the NEET 2018 exam, is it possible to prepare for NEET? You are on the last leg of NEET preparation. Yes, NEET preparation should be at the final stage, with a solid focus on developing strategies. If you haven’t Started yet there are 30 more days for NEET preparation.
Let’s begin with proper planning.
Duration of the Study for NEET Preparation
Whether you already in preparation for NEET 2018 or not, make sure you need to study at least 10 hours a day for the next 30 days.
With hard work and dedication, one month is sufficient for NEET Preparation. Remember this, if you fail to plan well, you will need one more year!
So, plan for 10 to 12 hours of study daily. When you study give short breaks for every two hours. Refresh yourself in the break.
Studying continuously makes you exhausted. You may lose concentration and may not spend the study time effectively.
How to Study and What to Study for NEET Preparation
NEET preparation in the last 30 days is critical. Most students fall into the trap with too many textbooks, notes and reference books to study.
- For Biology, NCERT textbook is the best bet. Revise one chapter a day from Biology from NCERT textbook. 90 % of the questions in Biology come from NCERT. The same applies to inorganic chemistry – Concentrate on NCERT textbook.
- For Physics and Chemistry, memorize all important formulas and relations.
- In case of Organic Chemistry, it is all about theory. Practice Multiple Choice Questions.
- Physics is application and execution of formulas. Once you memorize all applications and formulas, practice with solving the MCQs.
- Make sure you study at least one chapter from each subject a day.
Give Equal Weight-age to all Subjects and Chapters
NEET Syllabus is divided into 3 sections, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Equal weight-age is given to class 11 and class 12 curriculums. It is a good practice to schedule 2 to 3 hours every day for each subject.
There is no rigid timetable to allocate to every subject or topic. Some students may excel in Physics and some may excel in Chemistry. The individual strength varies. Most of the students can easily master Biology. It is a common scenario that many students lag in Physics. The students know their strength and weakness in each subject. Do not skip any subject or topic. If you find yourself weak in a specific subject, spend extra hours for NEET preparation.
Wake up Early
You may know how much time you have unless you develop the habit of waking up early. You need not wake up before the sunrise. Try to wake up at least before 6.30 am. If you start your NEET preparation by 7 am, you can stretch the study hours the whole day without tiring yourself. You will feel like you have extra hours of study.
General Tips for NEET Preparation in 30 Days
- The ultimate goal of your life is to crack NEET 2018. Remember this every day. It is essential to create a comfortable study environment for NEET preparation.
- Avoid anything and everything that is likely to cause a distraction.
- Do not go for any coaching during the last 30 days of preparation. This is the time for self-study.
- Change your sleeping pattern or routine for NEET preparation. 7 or 8 hours of sleep is sufficient a day. You can sacrifice the sleeping hours to achieve your dream.
Attempt mock exams and solve the previous year question papers and sample papers. You can self-evaluate the NEET preparation with the mock exams.