Every year, National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), a national level exam is conducted by National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) to award scholarships. Lakhs of students from different regions of India appear in the examination to avail scholarships. This examination is conducted in 2 parts, State Level (Stage-I) and National Level (Stages-II). Both stages include Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). Most of the times, students lose their confidence as the concept of MAT scares them. They are prepared for all subjects, but they have no idea about the MAT Section.
What to do to prepare in a better way? To help those students, we have gathered some important tips to crack the MAT section.
First of all, stop fearing as the trickiest question can be solved with properly planned study. If you haven’t prepared for MAT then start today.
In Stage-1, MAT section basically comprises fact-based questions while the stage-2 MAT section consists logic and reason based questions. Follow the listed steps to prepare for MAT section.
In Mental Ability Test, questions will be asked from Algebra, Numerical Ability, Profit-loss, Logical Reasoning, Data interpretation, etc. All the questions will be formed on the basis of class IX and Class X syllabus. Hence, you have not to worry at all. Just focus on the listed concepts, that you can easily find in NCERT Books. Always remember, except general knowledge nothing will be asked outside of the NCERT Textbooks.
- General mental ability
- Orders of magnitude (Class X level)
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Data interpretation: charts, tables, graphs, data sufficiency and more (Class X level)
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations)
- Watch Webcast and learn simple steps to help you Be Better Prepared for NTSE. Sahil Bhatia, B.Tech., takes you through the syllabus and analyses last year’s paper. He also discusses MAT, SAT and many other tips to crack the exam.
- Download Robomate+ App and watch MAT video lectures. Watch Class 9 & 10 video lectures for SAT.
- Take a Mock Test. The Mock Test gives you Instant Result, your Rank on a National Level and an Assessment of your strengths and weaknesses.