National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) conducts the National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), a national level exam, every year to award scholarships. Every year, lakhs of students appear in the examination to avail scholarships. This scholarship examination is conducted in 2 stages, State Level (Stage-I) and National Level (Stages-II). Both stages include Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). Aspirants need to excel in both the examinations in order to avail the scholarship. Students should know some important facts and Stats of NTSE Examination before appearing.
- In NTSE 2016 exam, a total of 975 students were declared qualified from across India in NTSE. NTSE examinations test logical and analytical skills of students and where the good understanding of the subject is needed.
- To appear in Stage-2 examination, students have to qualify the Stage-1 exam. Every year, almost 4000 students appear in Stage-II exam.
According to the NTSE Scholarship Programme, students will get scholarship of below-mentioned amount are at different stages of education-
Class-XI to XII students will receive a scholarship of Rs. 1250/- per month
Undergraduates and Postgraduates students will receive a scholarship of Rs. 2000/- per month. The scholarship amount for Ph.D. students will be fixed in accordance with the UGC standards
- Students belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) category are eligible for 15% reserved scholarships.
- Students belonging to Scheduled Tribe (ST) category are eligible for 7.5% reserved scholarships.
- Students belonging to Physically Challenged group are eligible for 3 % reserved scholarships.
If you want clarification on any concept of NTSE exam pattern and syllabus, then you can refer to different NTSE topics on Robomate+ blogs.
- Watch Webcast and learn simple steps to help you Be Better Prepared for NTSE. Sahil Bhatia, B.Tech., takes you through the syllabus and analyses last year’s paper. He also discusses MAT, SAT and many other tips to crack the exam.
- Download Robomate+ App and watch MAT video lectures. Watch Class 9 & 10 video lectures for SAT.
- Take a Mock Test. The Mock Test gives you Instant Result, your Rank on a National Level and an Assessment of your strengths and weaknesses.