The MHT CET or Maharashtra Common Entrance Test is a state entrance exam for admission to engineering and health-related science courses in Maharashtra. MHT CET 2019 is scheduled for May 2019. Candidates can complete the MHT CET 2019 online application form as of March 2019 at dtemahrashtra.gov.in. The application fees for the general category are INR 800 and those for the reserved category are INR 600.
The state government of Maharashtra announced that it would organize MHT CET 2019 in online mode (computer test) for the first time in 2019. New changes were also introduced in the exam model and program
Changes introduced in the MHT CET 2019
- Previously, the CET MHT was entirely based on the Class 12 program of the Maharashtra Board of HSC. From now on, students will also have to study the curriculum of class 11.
- In MHT CET 2019, a weight of 20% is assigned to class 11 of the standard program and 80% to class 12.
- The difficulty level of MHT CET 2019 will be high and almost equal to JEE Main in terms of mathematics, physics, chemistry and NEET for biology.
- The approximate number of questions based on the 11th standard will be 10 and 40 in class 12. The questions will be based on the applications.
- In the MHT CET 2019, the chapter on complex numbers in class 11 will not ask questions.
MHT CET 2019: Important Dates
|Publication of the online application form.||January 2019 (Third week)|
|Deadline for submitting the application form.||March 2019 (Fourth week)|
|Start filling out the application online with late fees of Rs 500 / –||March 2019 (Fourth week)|
|Deadline for submitting the application form with a late fee for SR. 500 / –||March 2019 (Fourth week)|
|Availability of the admission card.||April 2019 (Fourth week)|
|Date of MHT CET 2019||May 2019 (Second week)|
|Online visualization of temporary keys.||To be notified|
|Publication of OMR response sheets||To be notified|
|Deadline for submitting objections to the questionnaire / response error / typographical errors||To be notified|
|Result statement||June 2019 (First week)|
|Beginning of the council||To be notified|
Eligibility Criteria for MHT CET 2019
The basic eligibility for TEC MHT is that candidates must have passed class 12 of a recognized board or equivalent. The separate eligibility conditions for all courses are given below:
For engineering courses
- Candidates must be an Indian citizen.
- Candidates must have passed the class 12 or the HSC exam in subjects such as physics, chemistry, English and mathematics, biotechnology, biology and technical and professional subjects.
- You must obtain at least 50% of the general qualifications (45% of the general qualifications for the candidates in the reserved category).
- Degree in Engineering and Technology and obtaining at least 50% of the points (45% in the reserved category).
- Obtaining qualification score in the JEE Main Paper 1.
For pharmacy courses
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- The candidate must have completed class 12 of classes in English, physics, chemistry and mathematics / biology / biotechnology / professional technique. For candidates in the general category, the minimum percentage required is 45% and for the reserved category, it is 40%.
- No age limit is prescribed for this course.
Registration and Application Form of MHT CET 2019
Applicants must follow the instructions below to complete the MH CET application form.
- The MH CET 2019 application form can only be completed through online mode.
- Candidates can register with an email ID and a mobile phone number.
- The registration and application form will begin as of the third week of January 2019.
- The process to complete the application form will take place until the fourth week of March 2019.
- Candidates can also complete the form until the last week of March 2019 by paying a late fee.
- Candidates must upload the scanned photo and the signature in passport format in the prescribed format.
- Fill in all the details carefully, it is not allowed to change the name, father’s name, date of birth, cell phone number and email ID for the data once the application form is sent.
- Take the form of the completed application form and keep it until the end of the admission process.
The application fee can be paid online with a credit / debit card, Net-banking. The application will be the following:
- General category Candidates from the state of Maharashtra, outside the state of Maharashtra (WHO), J & K migrant candidates: 800 / -.
- Candidates belonging to the remote class categories [SC, ST, VJ / DT-NT (A), NT (B), NT (C), NT (D), OBC, SBC] and candidates with reduced mobility belonging to the State only of Maharashtra: 600 / -.
Syllabus of MHT CET 2019
The MH CET 2019 program includes subjects in physics, chemistry, biology (botany and zoology) and mathematics. The program includes grades 11 and 12. The program is the same as for the HSC / 12th HSC Board of Maharashtra exam.
When preparing for the exam, candidates must follow the program officially prescribed by the authority. The level of difficulty will be on a par with JEE (Main) for math, physics, chemistry and the level of difficulty for biology will be on par with the NEET exam.
Result of MHT CET 2019
To access the MHT CET 2019 result, applicants must visit the official DTE Maharashtra website. The results will be published before the first week of June 2019 as a scorecard. The results obtained in the MHT CET 2019 will only be valid for one year. The provisional response key will be available to candidates before the results are announced.
Candidates can access the results by following the steps below:
- Go to the official MHT CET website and look for the “result” link.
- Enter your MHT CET roll number.
- Click send and the result will be displayed on your screen.
- Take the printed copy of MHT CET 2019 Results at the time of the advice with the other required documents.
MHT CET Cutoff
To be eligible for the B.Tech programs offered by the institutes, candidates must have the required mark. Rest is published after each round of seating distribution by DTE Maharashtra. To determine the cutoff of MHT CET, certain parameters are taken into account, such as the total number of seats available, the number of candidates in the CET system and the level of difficulty of the exam.