National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) conducts the National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), a national level exam, every year to award scholarships. Every year, lakhs of students appear in the examination to avail scholarships. This scholarship examination is conducted in 2 stages, Stage-I is State Level and Stage-II is National Level . Both stages include Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). Aspirants need to pass both the examinations in order to avail the scholarship.
Check the steps on How to crack NTSE in the Last 1 Month?
- NCERT Books- Start your NTSE preparation with NCERT books of classes IX and X. You can also refer, Class XI Textbooks to check some concepts of classes IX and X. NCERT books contain all the concept and syllabus of NTSE exam. So, start with the basic material rather than indulging in heavy preparation books.
- Prepare for MAT Section– Student’s mental ability will be tested through the MAT section. So, it is a must to give ample time to prepare for the exam.
- Strengthen Your SAT Section – Another section of the examination is SAT, to prepare for the same follow NCERT Books. Alongside, do read good general knowledge books.
- Solve Sample Papers– The only method to track your performance is to attempt sample papers or mock tests. Solve as many sample papers or mock tests to keep checking your progress. It also helps you in speeding up the calculations. Solve online as well as offline sample papers.
- Know your Strengths & Weaknesses– It is a must for all the aspirants to know what are their strong and weak aspects. A proper and accurate preparation strategy can be formed only after that. So, know which areas are the weakest section and provide concentrate more on them while preparing for the exam.
- Improve Weak Sections– Once you know the weak areas, try to improve them by devoting more time. Eg. If your devote 1 hour for each subject then utilize 2 hours for preparing the weak concepts.
- Analyze Your Performance– To avoid mistakes and last minute hassles, you need to analyze how much you are prepared for the exam. After completing the syllabus, do analyze your performance by solving online mock test so that you can avoid silly errors.
- Self-Study – Mere joining preparation classes and solving sample papers wouldn’t ensure your success. You need to work hard and study thoroughly. Self-study is most important in preparing in a better way.
- Practice, Practice, Practice– You know what is the syllabus, exam pattern, where you need to focus more and how to plan your study? It is now time to practice and then practice some more. The more you practice, the brighter will be your chances to ace the exam.
- Watch Webcast and learn simple steps to help you Be Better Prepared for NTSE. Sahil Bhatia, B.Tech., takes you through the syllabus and analyses last year’s paper. He also discusses MAT, SAT and many other tips to crack the exam.
- Download Robomate+ App and watch MAT video lectures. Watch Class 9 & 10 video lectures for SAT.
- Take a Mock Test. The Mock Test gives you Instant Result, your Rank on a National Level and an Assessment of your strengths and weaknesses.