If you are looking for top 10 Maharashtra State Board schools in Mumbai, then your search ends right here. When searching for the right school for kids, one tries to look into every aspect of the school from their location, premises, infrastructure, and facilities to sports and extracurricular activities as well. Below we provide a comprehensive list of schools which adopts the curriculum of Maharashtra State Board and are considered to be the top-rated ones. They are in no particular order.
Loreto convent school
- Address: RCF Township, Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400074
- Contact: 022 2553 6680
- Website: www.loretoconventschool.org
- Infrastructure: The school has two big halls which can accommodate 500 people and 150 people respectively. They also have well-equipped state of the art Physics, Chemistry, and Biology Laboratory. The school also inherits a well furnished and well-stocked library which holds around 12000 books along with newspapers and periodicals. Apart from that, they also have a computer lab, AV room, basketball court and a big playground.
- Facilities: The school has adopted a Girl Guide program since last forty years where they train girls in different activities. The school is also a member of Road Safety Patrol Body in which students are trained by the traffic police department.
- Sports and extracurricular activities: Music, Bharatanatyam class, ABACUS, drawing class, hockey, basketball, and craft
Hansraj Morarji Public School
- Address: D.N.Road, Near Bhavans College Campus, Munshi Nagar, Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400058
- Contact: 022 2623 2467
- Website: www.hansrajeducation.org
- Infrastructure: the school has everything from spacious classrooms to specialized labs for computer, physics, chemistry, biology, and geography.
- Facilities: the school has also tied up with Ayaksha Healthcare school health and safety experts to provide all healthcare and safety solution to students and teachers.
- Sports and extracurricular activities: sports training is provided in many games like cricket, football, volleyball, basketball, badminton, tennis, judo etc. their extracurricular activities include debates, quizzes, essay and story writing, extempore speeches, music, dramatics, hiking and trekking, gymnastics etc
S.E. International School
- Address: Rokadia Cross Lane, Borivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400092
- Contact: 022 2893 9490
- Website: www.seischool.com
- Infrastructure: This school is inherited with a fully equipped science lab and a computer lab as well. The school also has a fully air-conditioned hall which has a capacity of around 200-250 people.
- Facilities: The school boasts of its own bus fleet which piles from Kandivali East and West, Borivali East and West and Dahisar East and West.
- Sports and extracurricular activities: This school provides coaching in many sports along with karate and skating classes which are held by well-trained professionals.
Don Bosco High School
- Address: Nathalal Parekh Marg, Matunga, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400019
- Contact: 022 2414 5228
- Website: www.donboscomatunga.com
- Infrastructure: This school has two spacious computer labs which can house 60 computers. Their cyber library not only has books but is also aided by LCD projectors so that the students can watch educational audio-visuals.
- Facilities: therapy and counseling along with career guidance.
- Sports and extracurricular activities: hockey, basketball, tennis, athletics, cricket along with science club, nature club, literary club, speech, drama, music, school scout troops, NCC naval wing and road safety patrol.
Bombay Cambridge International School
- Address: Rabindranath Tagore Marg, Off Sahar Road, Chakala, Andheri East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400099
- Contact: 022 2821 0309
- Website: www.bciswest.org
- Infrastructure: They have a comprehensively equipped computer lab with internet browsing facilities along with science laboratories including physics lab, chemistry lab and biology lab. Apart from that, this school is aided with a library which has more than 12000 books including fact and fiction.
- Facilities: Their school buses are assisted by CCTV cameras and first aid boxes. Moreover, every school bus has its female conductor. Their CARE Centre(Counselling and Remedial Education) has professionals who help students to achieve success, psychological health, and social and emotional wellbeing.
- Sports and extracurricular activities: Athletics, football, basketball, chess, carrom, table tennis, cricket, kho-kho, skating etc. They also have a self-defense program which includes judo, gymnastics, fitness exercises etc.
Swami Vivekanand High School
- Address: Rd Number 2, Sindhi Society, Chembur East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400071
- Contact: 022 2522 1360
- Website: www. ves.ac.in
- Infrastructure: The school holds a big library along with a computer lab, science lab, auditorium, music room and sports room.
- Facilities: the school has created a Vivekanand Education Society (VES) under the aegis of Vivekanand Education Society’s Leadership Academy (VESLARC) to conduct customized workshops for both students and teachers.
- Sports and extracurricular activities: there are many outdoor and indoor games available in the school and students are also trained in music, dance, drama, fine arts and crafts etc.
Bhavans A. H. Wadia High School
- Address: J.P. Road, Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400058
- Contact: 022 2623 1216
- Website: www.bhavansahwadia.com
- Infrastructure: They have a huge infrastructure with a computer room, AV room, science lab, mathematics lab, library, art room, music room, counseling room, gymkhana/ground, yoga room and canteen.
- Facilities: they have a total of seven school buses which run on different routes to pick up students.
- Sports and extracurricular activities: the school has a huge playground which is designed to provide special training to students in various sports like basketball, football, kho-kho, handball etc. Moreover, there are also many indoor games like carrom, table tennis, chess etc.
Saint Dominic Savio High School
- Address: Sher-E-Punjab, Near Tolani College, Mahakali Caves Rd, Andheri East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400093
- Contact: 022 2832 1122
- Website: www. stdominicsavio.com
- Infrastructure: their well-equipped computer lab has 70 computers which are installed with all the modern software. The well-maintained library has all the books ranging from encyclopedias to fiction novels. Moreover, there are also two science labs, one for physics and one for biology and chemistry.
- Facilities: they have a PTA executive committee with teachers and parents as members. It is an integral part of the school’s ability to deliver a quality education to the students.
- Sports and extracurricular activities: the school focuses on sports capability with games like basketball, volleyball, football, and tennis. Their extracurricular activities include music (both vocal and instrumental) tai-chi, yoga, aerobics, handwriting and calligraphy, art, craft, clay modeling.
SIES High School
- Address: K. A. Subramaniam Road, Behind Kings Circle Railway Station, Matunga East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400019
- Contact: 022 2401 0081
- Website: www.sieshsm.edu.in
- Infrastructure: their three-storied building is built up in an area of 50,000 square fits and is well lit, well ventilated and well equipped. Moreover, they also have a library, computer lab, ISRO exhibition center, auditorium and a science laboratory.
- Facilities: their Parent Teacher Association (PTA) has members including parents, teachers, and students. It aims towards the welfare of the students, co-operation with school authorities and creates better understanding between teachers and parents.
- Sports and extracurricular activities: students are provided coaching in many sports and games like table-tennis, cricket, basketball, badminton, athletics etc. Apart from that, there are many extracurricular activities like yoga, martial arts etc.
Cardinal Gracias High School
- Address: Ali Yavar Jung Marg, Near Teacher Colony, Western Express Hwy, Subhash Nagar, Bandra (East), Mumbai, Maharashtra 400051
- Contact: 022 2642 6843
- Website: www.cardinalgraciashighschool.org
- Infrastructure: this school inherits a library, computer lab, science lab and an audio-visual room as well.
- Facilities: they have formed a PTA executive body and PTA volunteers group for a close relationship between staff and parents.
- Sports and extracurricular activities: the school coaches students in football, basketball, cricket, badminton, kabaddi, kho kho etc. Moreover, they also have scouts and guides program, band and different clubs.