ATMA is India’s popular MBA entrance test which is accepted by Government / University / Private Aided / Private Un-Aided MBA colleges in India. MBA aspirant student take this exam very seriously. The full form of ATMA is “AIMS Test for Management Admissions”, where AIMS stands for “Association of Indian Management Schools”. So, this test all the colleges associated with AIMS respect ATMA test. There will be 5 ATMA exams in total for MBA admission 2019. Basically, the first entrance test will be held in December 2018. The candidates can appear in remaining 4 tests (which are scheduled to be held in the months of February 2019, May 2019, June 2019 and July 2019) to improve their scores. These scores are then will become the base criteria of selection in various colleges.
Salient Features of ATMA
- ATMA is the association of 100s MBA Colleges. It means by gaining good scores in just one exam, doors to these 100s MBA colleges will be opened for you. If scored well, then you can choose best college for yourself or you can choose best suitable location. Some of the colleges are highly reputed like NDIM New Delhi, FIIB New Delhi, IFIM Bangalore, Dy Patil Pune, Welingkar Mumbai, PUMBA Pune, Christ University, DSIMS Mumbai, IPE Hyderabad and more.
- You get 5 attempts in a year. One of the best things about ATMA is that the association conducts ATMA exam for five times for having admissions per year. This means that if you can appear in exam for five times and keep on improving your test score.
- The exam is not very difficult. Unlike IIT-JEE or AIS exams, ATMA is of average difficulty level exam. So, by little hard work students get good scores. And the associated colleges are more than 100 so chances are high that good students will get college of their choice.
- Both Government and Private colleges are the part of ATMA association. This means students get opportunity to study in government colleges or universities through this exam. Some students prefer private colleges over government. But this exam opens the doors to both.
- ATMA is online computer based exam. Like MAT and CMAT, ATMA is also an online computer based exam. It is a single session and single day exam.
Important Dates 2019
The last date of registration of ATMA exam is December 17, 2018. The full schedule of ATMA exams 2019 is shared below:
|ATMA Exam Month||Exam Date||Registration Dates|
|ATMA December 2019||December 23, 2019||Oct 20 to Dec 17, 2018|
|ATMA February 2019||February 17, 2019||Jan 12 to Feb 11, 2019|
|ATMA May 2019||May 26, 2019||Apr 4 to May 15, 2019|
|ATMA June 2019||June 23, 2019||May 25 to June 20, 2019|
|ATMA July 2019||July 28, 2019||June 28 to July 24, 2019|
Exam dates and schedule
- Registration – Online: 20 October, 2018 10:00 AM to 17 December 2018 05:00 PM (Confirm)
- Exam Date & Timings- Online: Sunday, December 23, 2018 – 14:00 (Confirm)
The important guidelines issued by AIMS for ATMA 2018 and ATMA 2019 are:
- Indian Citizen:Like many other exams, The ATMA exam applicant should be an Indian Citizen to be eligible.
- Recognized Bachelor’s Degree: The basic criteria to be eligible to appear in ATMA exam is a Bachelor’s Degree (any stream) from a recognized university under 10+2+3 scheme.
- Minimum 50% Marks: Another important criterion is 50% Marks in the Bachelor’s Degree.
- Final Year Students can apply:The candidates who are in the final year of their Bachelor’s course are eligible to appear in the ATMA exam.
- No Age Bar and No Work Experience Required: There is NO age bar; candidate of any can appear in the ATMA exam. No work experience is also required.
Registration & Application form
The registration fee (with GST) for the ATMA exam December 2018 is Rs. 1298/- only. The application form is available online. You’ll need to upload scanned copy of your qualification documents, passport size photograph, and image of your signature. There is an ALERT, few personal details like Name, Email, Date of Birth; Mobile number etc cannot be changed once registration form is submitted. So, double cross check all the details of before hitting the submit button.
Concession in Registration Fee – AIMS has offered some Fee Concessions in the ATMA 2018 and ATMA 2019 Exam Registration Fee (as below):
- 50% Fee Concession is offered for the Students from North East States
- 25% Fee Concession is offered for the Female Candidates
The admit card for the 23 December 2018 exam will be available online from 20 December 2018 i.e. 3 days before the exam date. Similarly, the admit cards for the subsequent exams will also be available to download 3 days before the exam date. A PID is generated at the time registration which will be required (along with password) at the time of Admit card download. This will be the soft copy of the Admit card and NO hardcopy is sent to the candidate’s physical address.
ATMA Admit Card: Key Dates
|ATMA Exam||Admit Card Download Date||ATMA Exam Date|
|ATMA 2018 December||December 20, 2018||December 23, 2018|
|ATMA 2019 February||February 14, 2019||February 17, 2019|
|ATMA 2019 May||May 23, 2019||May 26, 2019|
|ATMA 2019 June||June 20, 2019||June 23, 2019|
|ATMA 2019 July||July 25, 2019||July 28, 2019|
ATMA Exam Pattern
The key section compositions of ATMA exam are:
|Section||Section name||Number of questions||Time allotted in minutes|
|1||Analytical Reasoning Skills -1||30||30|
|4||Verbal Skills -2||30||30|
|5||Analytical Reasoning Skills -2||30||30|
There will be ¼ Negative marking i.e. each wrong answer in ATMA exam attracts 25% negative marking. A deduction of 0.25 marks will be made for each incorrect answer.
ATMA Exam Syllabus
The pattern of exam is as follow-
|ATMA Exam Syllabus Components||ATMA Exam 2019 Syllabus Details|
|Exam Difficulty Level||Easy to Moderate|
|Overall Time Limit to Attempt the Exam||3 hours|
|Question Format||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Answer Options for each MCQ||4|
|Marks Awarded for Each Correct Answer||1|
|Negative Marking||0.25 mark|
|Overall Areas covered in ATMA Exam Syllabus||Questions on Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation|
|Number of Sections||6|
Sections in ATMA Syllabus
The ATMA 2019 Exam syllabus, there are total 6 sections (three major sections and these major sections are divided into two sub-sections). These 6 sections are as below-
|Sections||No. of Questions||Time||Expected skills|
|Analytical Reasoning Skills-1||30||30 minutes||Analytical skills, Critical Reasoning, Course of Action, Statement-Inference, Strong/Weak Arguments|
|Verbal Skills-1||30||30 minutes||English language usage, grammar, vocabulary, Jumbled sentences, Vocabulary, RC Passages|
|Quantitative Skills-1||30||30 minutes||Mathematics & numerical problems, Arithmetic, Algebra, Modern Math|
|Verbal Skills-2||30||30 minutes||More questions on RC passages, vocabulary and verbal reasoning.|
|Analytical Reasoning Skills-2||30||30 minutes||Coding-decoding, Strengthen/Weaken arguments Statement-Conclusion, Arrangements, Syllogisms, Data sufficiency|
|Quantitative Skills-2||30||30 minutes||Data Interpretation, Geometry, Modern Math|
Syllabus for Analytical Reasoning Skills
There are two sections of Analytical Reasoning skills. Below are the key topics in the 2 sections of reasoning skills:
- Seating Arrangement
- Coding-decoding of words, letters, statements
- Data sufficiency in statement to answer questions
- Statement – True/false
- Direction sense
- Letter and number arrangement
- Assumptions and conclusion
- Statement – conclusion
- Odd-one out
- Symbol decoding
- Decision making with data driven problems
- Verbal logic
Syllabus for Quantitative Skills
Key topics in ATMA exam syllabus on which questions are asked in Quantitative skills section are:
- Time, speed, distance
- Time & Work – different type of workers – Men, women, children
- Ratio, Average
- Interest- Simple and compound
- Number system, even & odd numbers
- Age calculation
- Geometry – circle, Rectangle, square
- Pie charts, Bar diagrams, graph, table
Syllabus for Verbal skills
Reading comprehension (RC) passages: Questions are of following types
- Main idea of the RC passage
- Summary of RC Passage
- Questions relating to information in the RC passage
- Questions on Inference drawn from the RC passage
- Statement – agreement
- Meaning of words as used in the RC passage
- Grammar based questions
- Correction of underlined parts of the sentence
- Sentence completion with correct verb or other parts of speech
- Vocabulary based questions
- Picking out the synonyms and antonyms
- Fill in the blanks with words/set of words
- One Word substitution
- Jumbled Paragraph
- Jumbled sentences are given and are to be placed in coherent order to make a meaningful paragraph
The official website of ATMA is https://atmaaims.com. The registration form, admit card, and other details are available there.