Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is conducted by the All India Management Association (AIMA). AIMA is the association of more than 600 MBA/PGDM colleges. It conducts MAT four times a year. In the year 2018, three tests are already conducted in the months of February, May and September. The fourth test is remaining and is scheduled on Sunday December 9, 2018.
- MAT exam is conducted in two phases. There are two paper based (offline test) exams in the Phase-1 and Phase-2 is for one computer based (online test) exam. In the year 2018, same pattern has been followed in May as well as September tests. And the fourth test which is scheduled in December 2018 will also follow same pattern.
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is 30 years old, since 1988, MBA admission screening test. In the year 2003, MAT got approval as a national level test by the Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India.
- National and International business colleges consider MAT Score as the admission criteria.
- MAT is the gateway to take MBA admissions in more than hundreds institutes. MAT 2018 is the gateway to 600 colleges & institutes.
- The application process for MAT December 2018 is completely computer based.
Important Dates and Schedule of MAT December 2018
Here are important dates related to MAT December 2018. Below table includes dates of registration, admit card download, and the exam.
|MAT 2018 Activity||Phase-1 Paper Based test||Computer Based test|
|MAT Registration Starts-Phase-1||October 5, 2018||October 5, 2018|
|MAT Registration Ends-Phase-1||November 30, 2018||December 7, 2018|
|MAT Registration Starts Phase-2||December 3, 2018||Continuing till Dec 7|
|MAT Registration Ends Phase-2||December 7, 2018||December 7, 2018|
|MAT Admit card Download starts||December 1, 2018||December 10, 2018|
|MAT Admit Card download closes-Phase-1||December 9, 2018||December 15, 2018|
|MAT Admit Card download closes –Phase-2||December 15, 2018||December 15, 2018|
|MAT Exam Dates||December 9, 2018||December 15, 2018|
|MAT Result Date||December 21, 2018||December 21, 2018|
Exam dates and schedule
- Registration – Online: 05 October 2018 10:00 AM to 07 December 2018 05:00 PM (Confirm)
- Admit Card Release: 01 December 2018 10:00 AM to 09 December 2018 10:00 AM (Confirm)
- Exam Date & Timings- Online: Saturday, December 15, 2018 – 10:00 (Confirm)
- Exam Date & Timings– Offline: 09 December 2018 10:00 AM (Confirm)
- Result: 21 December 018 10:00 AM (Confirm)
There are following eligibility criteria for MAT-
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree (3 years graduation program or equivalent) from a recognized university.
- Final year students of bachelor degree course can apply.
- There is no age restriction.
The marking criteria of the University or Institute will form the base for the percentage calculation in MAT. If the criteria of University/Institute is to convert marks into grades then the same criteria will be used to convert grades into marks and hence percentage.
The candidate must possess unique email id and phone number which will be used time-to-time during the whole process of taking admission.
Registration and Application form
MAT 2018 Registration Dates:
|MAT December Exam Format||Last Date to Apply|
|MAT Paper Based Test (PBT) Phase-1||November 30, 2018|
|MAT Paper based Test Phase-2 & MAT Computer Based Test (CBT)||December 7, 2018|
|MAT Exam Registration fee for one Exam||Rs.1550/-|
|MAT Exam Registration fee for both – PBT and CBT||Rs.2650/-|
MAT December 2018 exam registration can be done online only. AIMA has discontinued the offline registration process.
Candidates need to upload their soft copy of passport size photograph, scanned image of signature, and the scanned copies of their bachelor degree certificates.
The steps for online application form filling are simple. Those who are applying online for first time may take help of their peer group or someone in their college who is familiar with the process. The steps of online application for MAT exam is simple as below-
Step-1: Registration – Candidates need to register on the AIMA website https://www.aima.in.
Step 2: Application form filling – The application form is as simple as any other offline application form. Make sure you mention every detail correctly as some of the key information cannot be changed later.
Step 3: Upload Images – You’ll need to upload soft copy of passport size photo, signature, and bachelor degree certificates.
Step-4: Make Payment – The payment can be made using debit card, credit card, or net banking.
After payment, you can view, download, and print the application form.
MAT December 2018 Admit Card Download Dates:
|MAT 2018 Test Format||Admit Card Download Starts||Admit Card Download last Date|
|Paper Based Test (PBT) on December 09||December 1, 2018||December 9, 2018|
|Computer Based Test (CBT) on December 15||December 10, 2018||December 15, 2018|
- You can download admit cards for the MAT exam scheduled to be held on 9 December 2018 from November 25 to December 2, 2018
- You can download admit card for the computer based MAT exam scheduled on 15 December 2018 from December 10, 2018, 2 PM onwards till exam date.
- The admit cards can be downloaded from AIMA website (i.e. https://www.aima.in).
MAT 2018 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is not much changed from previously conducted exams. There will be 200 MCQ type questions divided in 5 sections. Candidates can now appear in both computer based exam as well as paper based. The questions in MAT exams are generally not very difficult questions so we can assume the upcoming exam will also have similar difficulty level.
MAT Exam Pattern: Sectional Composition
|Section Name||Number of Questions||Suggested Time to solve (In Minutes)|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||35|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||15|
Only first 4 sections are considered for calculating score and percentile i.e. the last section “Indian and Global Environment” is excluded in the score & percentile calculations.
MAT 2018 Exam Syllabus
There is no pre-defined strict exam syllabus for MAT exams. But we can concluded below syllabus based of pattern so far–
Section-1: Language Comprehension
- English Grammar based questions
- Fill in the Blanks
- English Proficiency
- Reading Comprehension.
- Jumbled Paragraphs
Section-2: Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
- Fact Inference Judgment
- Passage Conclusion
- Statement Argument among others.
Section-3: Mathematical skills
- Elementary Mathematics
- Arithmetic:- Number System, Mixtures and Allegation, Ratio and Proportion; Unitary Method; Commercial Maths; Time and Distance; Profit and Loss, Interest
- Geometry: Triangles, Circles
- Permutation and Combinations
- Sequence And Series
- Heights and Distance; Linear Programming
- Coordinate Geometry
Section-4: Data Analysis and Sufficiency
- Charts (column, bar, pie)
- Data Sufficiency
- Graphs (line, area)
- Venn diagram
Section-5: Indian and Global Environment
- National and International current affairs.
- Conventional GK
- There are many other topics and need intensive preparation.
MAT Exam Test Centers
There are about 60 cities in which MAT December 2018 exam will be conducted, and many the test centers will conduct both computer based and paper based exam. Almost every state (25 states) have at-least one test center.
MAT December 2018 Cutoff
First, the exam itself is not very difficult. Second, its cutoff is also not very high. So, getting admission in colleges through MAT is not very difficult. The exam pattern is also scoring. The cutoff for top level colleges is obviously higher than the other colleges.