TISSNET is the abbreviation of “TISS National Entrance Test” where TISS is the “Tata Institute of Social Sciences”. The TISSNET is conducted for 55 different Master-Degree programmes across 21 schools and 45 centers of TISS. Besides MBA course, MA programmes are high in demand.
In the upcoming TISSNET exam 2019, there will be no negative marking and there will be single question paper for all the programmes. There will be 100 questions which need to be answered in 100 minutes. And the question paper will check general English proficiency, Mathematical ability, and Logical reasoning.
Salient Features of TISSNET 2019
- Computer Based Test: TISSNET is an online computer based exam.
- Post-Graduate Degree Programmes – TISSNET is conducted for the admission to Full-Time (Regular) Post-Graduate Degree Programmes. These PG degree courses are M.A., M. Sc., M.H.A., M.P.H., MA (HR)).
- FOUR main campuses– TISS have 4 main campuses located at Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, and Hyderabad.
- Easy to moderate difficulty level- TISS NET exam is of Easy to moderate level of difficulty. Those students who are preparing for CAT and similar other programs need not to do any special preparation for TISSNET.
- SIX Areas of Test Paper – There are 6 different area which forms the base of the TISSNET exam. English, Analytical & Logical Reasoning along with General Knowledge & Knowledge on Contemporary Issues are the main areas. Those candidates who clear first round of MCQ type question are then are called for a round of Pre Interview Test and Personal Interview (PIT/PI) leading to final selection.
- GK is Critically Important – GK is very important because of two reasons—(a) GK covers 40 questions (and hence 40 marks), and (b) the rest of the question paper will be easy to moderate for everyone. The English, Quant and LR/DI will be easy for everyone. So, the area where one can take leap is GK. By the nature of GK test, its area is vast. Anything can be there in the question paper. Hence, a rigorous study of GK stuff is required.
- No Negative Marking – As said above, there is no negative marking in the TISSNET exam. Because the questions will be MCQ types so you can always pick an answer. There is nothing to lose. The probability of correct answer is 25% when you attempt to pick any question without actually knowing the answer. So, we can say… one answer will be correct in every 4 such randomly picked answers. And that is important gained mark.
Important Dates of TISSNET 2019
Below are the important TISSNET 2019 exam dates-
|1||Admissions Announcement||October 26, 2018|
|2||Last Date for Online form APPLICATION / REGISTRATION||December 10, 2018|
|3||Last Date for receipt of application form by post||December 12, 2018|
|4||Issue of TISSNET 2019 Admit Cards Online||December 26-27, 2018|
|5||Pre-admission orientation Programme for SC/ST/OBC/ Minority and PWD candidates will be held at Mumbai/Tuljapur/Hyderabad and Guwahati Campuses||December 23, 2018|
|6||TISSNET 2019 Exam Date||January 13, 2019 (2 PM to 3.40 PM)|
|7||Announcement of TISSNET 2019 Result
(Candidates who appeared for the national entrance test will have to visit the TISS website and login to download your score card.)
|January, 2019 Last Week (Evening hours)|
|8||Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview at TISS for programmes offered at Mumbai, Tuljapur, Hyderabad, Guwahati and BALM, Chennai Campuses.||
|9||Announcement of Selection on TISS website for all the Programmes||Last Week April, 2019|
Exam dates and schedule
- Notification date: 26-10-2018 10:00 AM (Confirm)
- Registration – Online: 10-12-2018 05:00 PM (Confirm)
- Registration – Offline: 12-12-2018 05:00 PM (Confirm)
- Admit Card Release: 26-12-2018 10:00 AM (Confirm)
- Exam Date & Timings- Online: Sunday, January 13, 2019 – 14:00 (Confirm)
- Result: 25-01-2019 10:00 AM (Tentative)
TISSNET Exam Eligibility Criteria
The minimum eligibility requirement to apply for TISSNET 2019 exam is a bachelor’s degree with minimum 3 years duration or its equivalent (under the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 course pattern.) Another course pattern which is acceptable is 10+2+2+1 year bridge course pattern of study. The minimum formal education required is 15 years from recognized educational institution.
Quick understanding of the eligibility criteria:
- The minimum qualification is a bachelor’s degree.
- The final year students of any bachelor’s degree program can apply provided they have cleared (passed) all the subject tests in previous years. In other words, the students of final year who does not have any pending back paper are eligible. For the TISSNET 2019, candidates must be able to qualify their bachelor’s degree final year exam by the first week of June 2019.
- In case of final year students, if they have somehow couldn’t clear the exam of final year (or failed in any subject of final year) then candidature of such student is declined.
- The final year students should be able to produce result of their bachelor’s degree programme before September 30, 2019
Registration & Application form for TISSNET 2019
As said above, the registration and application form is to be filled online. The registration process for the TISSNET 2019 has already started from October 26, 2018 and it will be open till December 10, 2018.
The Dates of TISSNET Registration are-
|Announcement of Registration for Admission||October 26, 2018|
|Last Date for Online form Application / Registration||December 10, 2018|
|Last date for Receipt of Application by Post||December 12, 2018|
|TISS NET 2019 Registration Fee||Rs.1000/-|
|TISS Net 2019 Exam date||January 13, 2019|
|Announcement of TISS-NET 2019 Result||January 25, 2019 (Tentative)|
Some Online Application Form Filling Guidelines:
- The candidates can apply for 3 programmes maximum across any 2 campuses of TISS. After getting admission, the change of programmes is not possible.
- Each candidate need to fill just one online application form. And they can apply for maximum 3 different programmes in the same application form. All the application forms will be cancelled if any candidate is found multiple forms are filled.
- The scanned copies of education and caste certificates are required to be uploaded in their prescribed format. So, first know the formats very well, get your documents in that format then fill the online application form.
Certificates/Documents to be uploaded:
|General||Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash).|
|SC / ST (Annual income less than Rs.2.5 lakhs)||Photograph, Signature, Caste / Tribe Certificate, Income Certificate for the financial year 2017-18, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash),|
|SC / ST (Annual income more than Rs.2.5 lakhs)||Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash),
Caste / Tribe Certificate.
|OBC (NC) (Annual income less than Rs.1 lakh)||Photograph, Signature, Income Certificate for the financial year 2017-18, Other Backward Class (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate issued after 01-04-2017 by the District Magistrate / Deputy Commissioner / Tahsildar, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash).|
|OBC(Non Creamy Layer) (Annual income more than Rs.1 lakh but less than Rs. 8 lakhs)||Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash),
Other Backward Class (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate issued after 01-04-2018 by the District Magistrate / Deputy Commissioner / Tahsildar. CERTIFICATES dated before April 1, 2018 will not be considered valid.
|PWD||Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash) and PWD certificate.|
|KM||Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash) and KM certificate.|
|Armed Forces||Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash) and Armed Force certificate|
How to pay TISS NET 2019 Application Fee Programme-wise
|Number of Programmes||One Programme||Two Programmes||Three programmes|
|General category – Mode of Fee Payment – Online Payment by Credit Card/Debit Card/Net banking||Rs.1030||Rs.2060||Rs.3090|
|Eligible SC/ST/OBC(NC) Category – Mode of Fee Payment – Online Payment by Credit Card/Debit Card/Net banking||Rs.260||Rs.520||Rs.780|
|General category- Mode of Fee Payment – Cash Deposit in any SBI Branch using the prescribed challan||Rs.1000+ bank charges||Rs.2000+Bank chanrges||Rs.3000+Bank charges|
|Eligible SC/ST/OBC(NC) Category – Mode of Fee Payment – Cash Deposit in any SBI Branch using the prescribed challan||Rs.250+Bank charges||Rs.500+Bank charges||Rs.750 + Bank charges|
TISSNET 2019 Admit Card
The admit card will be available on December 26-27, 2018 for the TISNET 2019 exam. The download will be available till exam which is scheduled to be held on Sunday January 13, 2019 from 2 PM to 3.40 PM.
TISSNET 2019 Exam Pattern
The TISSNET 2019 exam have following sections and the below pattern-
|TISS NET 2019 pattern||Details|
|TISS 2019 Paper pattern||Online Computer Based Test|
|No of Questions||100|
|Maximum Score||100 Marks|
|Type of questions||MCQs|
|Time limit||100 Minutes|
|Maximum marks per question||1|
|Negative Marking||No negative Marking|
|No of Areas||6|
|No of Choices per question||4|
Syllabus for TISSNET 2019 exam
The exam of TISSNET is more or less similar to other major MBA entrance exams. Below is the list of topics which are generally covered in different sections-
|Logical Reasoning||Number Series, Venn Diagram, Puzzles, Cubes, Alphabet Series, Logical Connectivity, Statement Conclusion/Assumption/Arguments, Linear/Circular/Family Arrangement, Eye for detail|
|Data Interpretation||Bar graph, Line graphs, Data comparison, Case lets, multiple graphs, Tables, Double pie chart, Pie chart|
|Quantitative Ability||Profit and Loss, Number System, Averages, Time –Distance & Speed, Basic Geometry, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion|
|Verbal Ability||Antonyms, Error spotting – grammar/words/ punctuation, Analogies, Odd word out, Fill in the Blanks – Homophones, Idioms – Fill in the blank, Idioms – Match the following, Sentence Correction, Word substitute in a sentence, Right usage of word in match the following, Right usage of words in fill in the blank|
|Purpose of the passage, Main idea of the passage, Strengthen and Weaken, Passage based questions, Author’s Point of View, Assumption and Supporting Statement, Inference and Conclusion Drawn, Flaw and Discrepancy|
|Environment & ecology, Media/ICTs/Literature/Art/Culture, Sports, Politics/History/Governance/Law, Labor, Economy/ Policy, Gender/Health/Education, International politics/ current events|
TISSNET 2019 Cutoff
Unlike ATMA and MAT exams, the cutoff of TISSNET is going to be high (as always). The cutoff of different programmes will be different. The Result of TISSNET 2019 will be declared in January 2019 last week in evening hours.