Symbiosis International (Deemed University) offers courses in MBA / MSc (CA) / MSc (SS) programs. The admission into these colleges is through Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) Online Test 2018. The candidates can register for Symbiosis International programs by applying separately for each.
Important Dates 2019
Start of registration 28 August 2018 closing of registration
Last date for payment of registration fees: 26 November 2018
Availability of admit card: 1st December 2018
Mode of test online
Exam date: 16th December 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Results: Second week of January 2019
Last Date to Download SNAP 2018 Scorecard: February 12, 2018
Exam dates and schedule
The candidates who have successfully registered for SNAP can appear for the exam on 16th December/. The online based test will be conducted form 2 pm to 4 pm.
Symbiosis International University has said the following has set the following eligibility criteria for appearing SNAP 2018
- Education: The candidates should have 50% or more in their bachelors program and for the candidates belonging to reservation category can score 45 percentage in their bachelor’s program. Candidates who have bachelor’s degree from foreign universities should have an equivalent degree. An equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- Final year students can also apply for snap but their admission will be eligible only after securing 50% in the examination form in the examination for general category students and 45% reservation category. In case the candidates failed to secure the required marks or have backlogs in any of the subjects there admission will be invalid
- Age limit: there is no age limit for the candidates to appear for snap examination
- Foreign nationals can also apply for SNAP provided they can get the equivalent certificate from the board
Registration & Application form
The candidates can register by visiting the website. The last date for registration for SNAP is November 26, 2018. The candidates can do registration and fill the application as per the website. The process can be completed in single or multiple steps. The fee for SNAP 2018 is Rs.1750/-. The website is user friendly. You can find an online chat window, students can submit their questions and queries to get instant answers and proceed with the application. Keep educational documents such as SSC certificate, 12 class certificate and graduate certificate in hand to fill the details quickly and correctly. Fill the contact details as given in the ID proof.
The SNAP admit card is scheduled to be released on 1st December. Symbiosis International is the issuing authority. The candidates who have registered and paid the application fee can download the admit card from the website. After downloading the card check for the details registration number, candidates name, exam center, etc. The admit card should have correct details as per the application form. The recent passport size photo along with other ID proof should be presented at the exam center which enables identification of the candidate. It is mandatory for the student to carry ID proof such as adhar card, driving license or voter ID. Read the instructions carefully and be at the exam center an hour before the exam. Try to visit the text center a day before exam to avoid last minute rush.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
There is not specific syllabus for preparing for SNAP. This online based test has 4 sections having 150 questions. The different sections of the question paper are
- English: reading, verbal reasoning and verbal ability
- Data interpretation and sufficiency: Syllogisms, Comprehension of passage / Poem, Analogies, Fill in the blanks
- Analytical and logical reasoning: Column graphs, Pie Chart, Coding and decoding Puzzles
- General knowledge and current affairs: Column graphs, Pie Chart, Coding and decoding Puzzles
There are 130 questions and the student can score maximum of 150 marks.
First three sections have 30 normal and 5 special questions and the lasat section has 20 normal and 5 special questions. It is an objective type test wherein normal questions have 4 options and the candidates have to choose the correct option. For special questions, the questions are in the form of fill in the blanks, where the candidates have to type the answer using the virtual keyboard
Normal question carries 1 mark and special question carries 2 marks
Test duration: 120 mins
There is negative marking for incorrect answers. Each incorrect answer will attract a penalty of 25%. Students tend to skip questions inorder to avoid negative marking.
There are 110 MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) and 20 Non MCQs (fill in the blanks)
The test checks the caliber of the students on the different sections of the test. The difficulty level of the questions determines the cutoff marks.
The exam will be conducted in 102 centers across the country. Here we list the exam center for SNAP
Agra, Jodhpur, Ahmedabad, Jhansi, Ahmednagar, Jamshedpur, Ajmer, Jammu, Aligarh, Jalandhar, Allahabad, Jaipur, Ambala, Jabalpur, Amravati, Indore, Amritsar, Hyderabad, Anand, Hubballi, Asansol, Howrah, Aurangabad, Hooghly, Bareiley, Hisar, Belagavi, Gwalior, Bengaluru, Guwahati, Bhilai, Guntur, Bhopal, Mumbai, Bhubaneswar, Mysuru, Bilaspur, Nagpur, Chandigarh, Mohali, Nashik, Chennai, Navi Mumbai, Coimbatore, Nellore, Cuttack, Noida, Gaziabad, Dehradun, Panipat, Delhi, Gurugram, Panjim, Mapusa, Dhanbad, Patiala, Dibrugarh, Patna, Ernakulam, Kochi, Portblair, Faridabad, Pune, Gandhinagar, Raipur, Gangtok, Bardang, Rajkot, Moradabad, Ranchi, Meerut, Roorkee, Mangaluru, Rourkela, Madurai, Shillong, Ludhiana, Shimla, Lucknow, Siliguri, Kurnool, Surat, Kazhikode, Thane, Kalyan, Dombivli, Kottayam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kota, Thrissur, Kolkata, Udaipur, Kolhapur, Vadodara, Karnal, Varanasi, Kanpur, Vijayawada, Kakinada and Visakhapatnam
The cutoff marks for SNAP to get admission into Symbiosis Institutes depend upon the percentile.
- MBA colleges accepting SNAP score with cut-offs 90% are SIBM (Symbiosis Institute of Business Management), SCMHRD (Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development), SIIB (Symbiosis Institute of International Business), etc.
MBA colleges accepting SNAP score with cut-offs 80% are Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM), SICSR (Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research), SITM (Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management), etc.