Common Management Admission Test 2017, commonly referred as CMAT, is conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) every year. It is a national level entrance exam that conduct is a single session to evaluate the ability of candidate is different sections including Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Technique, General Awareness and Language Comprehension. The CMAT Exam 2017 is scheduled to be held on 28 or 29 January 2017 in online mode. The online registration process for CMAT 2017 has been commenced from 10th October 2017 and will conclude on 10th December 2017.
This examination enables Institutions to select eligible graduate candidates for admission in all Management courses. All AICTE-Approved University/ Institutions/ Departments/Affiliated Colleges/Constituent Colleges accept the CMAT Score. Approximately 72000 candidates appeared in CMAT Exam 2016 and the number is expected to be increased in 2017. Below all the important details related to CMAT has been provided for the convenience of the aspirants such as eligibility, examination pattern, important dates, cut off, etc. Read the article for complete details.
- Examination Name –Common Management Admission Test
- Generally known as – CMAT
- Exam Level – National Level
- Exam Conducting Authority – AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education)
- Post-Graduate Exam conducted for admission to MBA & other Post Graduate Management Courses
CMAT 2017- Important Dates
All the key dates of AICTE CMAT 2017 Examination has been listed below-
|Online Registration Commenced on||10th October 2016|
|Online Registration concludes on||10th December 2016|
|Last Date to submit application fee in cash at SBI Bank||9th December 2016|
|Trial Test to be issued on||15th December 2016|
|Issuance of CMAT Admit Card||13th January 2017|
|CMAT 2017 to be held on||28th or 29th January 2017|
|Announcement of Result||To be announced in February 2017|
Only eligible candidates will be able to apply for the CMAT examination, hence, it is a must for all the students to check the minimum eligibility conditions before applying for the exam. Aspirants must also note that at any stage of examination if exam conducting authority finds that you are ineligible for the exam then the officials may cancel your candidature without any prior intimation.
According to the eligibility conditions –
- There is no age restrictions.
- Applicants should be an Indian Citizen and must have a valid ID proof, stating his/her nationality.
- Aspirants should possess a graduate degree in any discipline from any recognized Institute/ University.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of their graduate courses (10+2+3) can also apply for online CMAT exam. However, their final year result should be announced before commencement of MBA admission for academic year 2017-18
Online Registration Process
Before starting online registration process, aspirants are requested to check the necessity of the registration. Hence, check the pre-requisites
Pre-requisites before starting Online Registration-
- A Computer should have high-speed and uninterrupted internet connection to avoid any hassle during registration.
- Keep all the graduation marksheet and other educational details handy.
- Candidates should have scanned copy of their photograph on white background with size 140 x 160 (≤ 60Kb).
- Candidates should have scanned copy of their signature on white background with size 60 x 90 (≤ 30Kb)
- Candidates should have valid and working email ID as all the communication will be made through email-ID only.
- A Valid and active mobile number as alerts SMS will be sent on that number.
- To pay online application fee, candidates should have a valid Credit / Debit card.
- If candidates want to pay fee through offline mode than they should have a printer as they have to print three copies of CHALLAN
Now, candidates can start their online registration process that have 03 stages-
- Submission of Personal Details– In the first step, candidates have to fill all the necessary and required details in the form such as Name, address, email-ID, phone number, educational qualification and more.
- Payment of Application Fee– In the second step, candidates need to remit the application fee of requisite amount either by online or offline mode.
- Uploading of Images– It is the last step of CMAT Online Registration wherein candidates have to upload the scanned copy of their signature and photograph.
To complete the CMAT 2017 registration procedure, candidates have to submit a non-refundable application fee of below mentioned amount either via online mode or offline mode. Through offline mode, candidates have to download the challan form and submit the cash amount at any SBI Bank branch in India while through online mode candidates can pay the fee by Credit Card/Debit Card/Net banking. The application fee is-
- Candidates belonging to General Category – Rs. 1400/- + Bank Charges
- Candidates belonging to Reserved Category (SC/ST/OBC) – Rs. 700/- + Bank Charges
According to the CMAT 2017 Examination pattern, questions will be asked from 04 different sections that are Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, Language Comprehension, Logical Reasoning and General Awareness. For complete breakup of marks and number of questions check the below table-
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||25||100|
- The CMAT 2017 is a Computer Based Exam.
- The duration of the exam is 180 minutes i.e. 03 hour
- The question paper will be of objective type containing 100 MCQs
- For every correct answer marked, 4 marks will be awarded and 1 mark will be deducted for marking a wrong answer.
The admit card of CMAT 2017 Examination will be issued online on 13th January 2017. Applicants have to visit the official website of CMAT, www.aicte-cmat.in to download the same. Candidates will need their registration number and password as they have to log-in to their account in order to download the CMAT admit card.
CMAT 2017 Exam Centres
Expected Cut Off Marks
|Institutes||Expected CMAT Cutoff (Percentile/ Score)|
|Goa Institute of Management, Goa||99.85 Percentile/ 260 Scores|
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (KJSIMSR), Mumbai||99.20 Percentile/ 246 Scores|
|Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS) Mumbai||99.92 Percentile/ 285 Scores|
|WE School Mumbai||99.06 Percentile/ 244 Scores|
|MET Institute of Management, Mumbai||97.27 Percentile/ 218 Scores|
|Pune University Department of Management Studies (PUMBA DMS)||96.42 Percentile/ 210 Scores|
|XISS Ranchi||95 Percentile/ 199 Scores|
|Acharya Bangalore Business School (ABBS), Bangalore||90 Percentile/ 180 Scores|
|Asia Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi||85 Percentile/ 180 Scores|
|ASM Institute of International Business and Research, Pune||82 Percentile/ 170 Scores|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi||75 Percentile/ 160 Scores|
|Dr. D. Y. Patil Institute of Management, Pune||75 Percentile/ 160 Scores|
|Acropolis Faculty of Management and Research||160|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida||180|
|Singhad Institute, Pune||200|
|Medicaps institute of techno management, Indore||170|
|MIT School of Business, Pune||200|
|Prestige Institute of Management, Indore||220|
|Indira School of Business Studies, Pune||160|
|JRE group of institutions, Greater Noida||190|
|Indus Business Academy, Bangalore||200|
|Institute of Health management research, Bangalore||200|
|Doon business school, Dehradun||160|
|Indira Global Business School, Pune||180|