All India Management Association (AIMA) has issued the online application form of MAT December 2016. Aspirants who want to take admission in premium MBA colleges of can submit the online application form after reviewing the eligibility conditions till 29 November 2016. However, aspirants who opt for the offline form submission can submit the hard copy of the application form till 29 November 2016. AIMA will conduct the MAT 2016 December Examination on 11 December 2016 in pen-paper based mode and on 17 December 2016 in computer-based mode.
Approximately, 100 participating Institutes will consider the MAT score to grant admission in various management programmes. Read this article to check the eligibility criteria, registration process, and other necessary details related to MAT December 2016 Exam.
Application Form Link- http://apps.aima.in/matdec16/
The complete examination schedule of MAT December 2016 along with the exam dates are listed below-
|Online Registration commenced from||05 October 2016|
|Last date to fill online application form||26 November 2016|
|Last Date for submitting the hard copy of application form||29 November 2016|
|Admit Card to be released on or after||03 December 2016|
|Pen-paper based Exam||11 December 2016|
|Computer-based Exam||17 December 2016|
Some Important Facts
- Name of the Entrance Exam– Management Aptitude Test
- Commonly Known as – AIMA MAT
- Exam Conducting Authority– All India Management Association (AIMA)
- Exam Level – National Level MBA Entrance Test
It is necessary to satisfy all the conditions of eligibility before filling the application form. Interested candidates can check the below listed norms of eligibility-
- Candidates must possess a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university or Institute.
- Final Year Candidates are also eligible to apply.
- There is no age restrictions.
- No Work Experience is required.
The application form of MAT December 2016 has been released online in the month of October 2016. Online eligible candidates will be able to appear in the examination as the application form of ineligible candidates will not be accepted. If you satisfy all the eligibility norms then you can opt for any of the modes to submit the form. The link of online application form has been provided in this article. Checkout the below given steps to fill the online forms-
- Initially, candidates who are willing to fill the online application form need to create their student account by providing certain important details, such as, Name, mobile number, email ID, etc. and securing the login credentials.
- After that, candidates have to log-in to their account by entering the login credentials and fill the MAT December 2016 Application Form.
- The last date to apply online for MAT 2016 for December is 26 November 2016. For online registration, candidates have to pay the application fee via the online payment mode.
- Candidates can also purchase the MAT application form from the study centres of AIMA or AIMA, Delhi office by paying the application fee in cash. The last date to submit the hard copy of completely filled forms is 29 November 2016
To complete the register process, all the applicants will be required to pay a non-refundable application fee. The candidates can check the table below to know the amount of fee and for details of it payment.
|Amount of Application Fee||Rs. 1200 (For all category students)|
|Mode of Payment|
|Online||Through Credit or Debit Card|
|Offline||Through DD, drawn in favour of “All India Management Association”, payable at Delhi from any bank.|
|In cash if purchasing the form from listed study centres of AIMA or AIMA, Delhi|
MAT is conducted in both, online mode and pen-paper mode. The question paper comprises total 200 objective-type questions which will be created on 05 different subjects. The examination duration is 2.5 hours. That implies, candidates have to solve maximum number of questions in 2.5 hours in order to improve their chances of selection.
|Section No.||Name of Section||No. of questions||Time Suggested (Minutes)|
|3||Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||35|
|4||Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|5||Indian and Global Environment||40||15|
MAT Marking Scheme
The marks for each correct and incorrect answer will be provided according to the marking scheme, prescribed by AIMA –
- For each correct answer – 1 mark will be offered
- For each incorrect answer – 0.25 or 1/4th mark will be deducted
AIMA will issue the admit card online, on its official website. The expected date for the issuance of the admit card is 03 December 2016. Candidates whose application forms will be accepted successfully will be able to download the application form. It is a mandatory document hence, candidates are advised to bring the admit card while appearing in the examination. To download the same, candidate’s login credentials will be required such as registration/ application number along with the date of birth.
MAT Cut off
|College Name||MAT Cut off Scores|
|TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal||700|
|Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore||700|
|ABV- Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Gwalior||600|
|National Institute of Technology, Warangal||600|
|Institute of Finance and International Management, Bangalore||600|
|Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad||650|
|PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore||600|
|Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune||600|
|Alliance School of Business, Bangalore||500|
|Amity Business School, Noida||500|
The selection of eligible candidates will be made on the basis of their scores in MAT Exam, Group Discussion (GD), Personal Interview (PI) and or Written Ability Test (WAT). The GD, PI and or WAT rounds will be conducted by the participating institutes.
Address for correspondence – AIMA
All India Management Association,
Management House 14,
Institutional Area, New Delhi-110 003