VIT University conducts VIT Engineering Entrance Examination to offer admission in various engineering courses at VIT. In this year, VITEEE 2017 is scheduled to be held on 05th April 2017 to 16th April 2017. The application form will be issued in both Online and Offline mode from 2nd week of November 2016. Read the article for complete details of VITEEE 2017 Exam.
VITEEE 2017 Schedule
|Issue of VITEEE-2017 Application Forms||2nd week of November 2016||—|
|Last date for receipt of VITEEE-2017 Application Forms||Will be updated shortly||—|
|VITEEE-2017||05th April 2017 to 16th April 2017||Wednesday to Sunday|
|Declaration of Results (Tentatively)||On or before 24th April 2017||Monday|
|Cost of OMR Application Form||Rs. 990/-||—|
|Cost of Online Application Form||Rs. 970/-||—|
To apply for the VITEEE Examination 2017, candidates should satisfy all the mentioned conditions of eligibility-
- Candidates must be born on or after 1 July 1995
- Candidates should have attained 60% aggregate percentage in Chemistry, Physics, and Biology/ Mathematics in the Class 12th/Intermediate examination
- There is a relaxation of 10% for the candidates belonging to SC/ST category & North Eastern State that implies they have to obtain an average of 50% in the Class 12th/Intermediate examination.
- Candidates who have studied in Full Time, Regular, and Formal Education are eligible to apply.
- ‘NIOS’ candidates are eligible for the exam. (They should produce Migration cum Transfer Certificate as a proof of student of NIOS Board)
The duration of the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination will be of 2 hours 30 minutes.
The exam will be held in 3 sessions/ day. The exam timings are as below-
- I session – 9.00 am – 11.30 am
- II session – 12.30 pm – 3 .00 pm
- III session – 4.00 pm – 6 .30 pm
All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
|Test||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|Total||125 Questions||125 Marks|
There will be no negative marking for wrong answers
- Candidates want to get admission in 18 B.Tech. Engineering courses should opt for PCM
- Candidates want to get admission in 3 B. Tech. Bio-stream Engineering courses should opt for PCB
|Central Board and State Board Toppers||100% Tuition fee waiver for all years|
|1 to 50 VITEEE rank holders||75% Tuition fee waiver for all years|
|51 to 100 VITEEE rank holders||50% Tuition fee waiver for all years|
|101 to 1000 VITEEE rank holders||25% Tuition fee waiver for all years|
The Online and Offline application form will be released in the second week of November 2016 on the official website of VIT University, http://www.vit.ac.in/. Only completely application forms will be accepted, hence, do fill the complete form with correct details before the last date.
- Application fee for OMR Form- Rs. 990/-
- Application fee for Online Form- Rs. 970/-
In order to apply online, candidates have to submit the mentioned online application fee through Internet Banking facility such as Net banking / Debit card / Credit card. Further details will be available after release of Information Brochure.
Director – UG Admissions
Office of Admissions, VIT University,
Vellore – 632014
Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone : + 91-416-220 2157, 220 2168
Fax : +91-416-224 5544, 224 0411
Email : email@example.com